Sunday, April 08, 2012

Nestle Milo. Yum.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_%28drink%29
Milo (maɪloʊ)is a chocolate and malt powder which is mixed with hot or cold water and/or milk to produce a beverage which is popular in many parts of the world. Produced by Nestlé, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934. It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.

Spotted this stuff in somebody's pics on Tumblr, so I got real curious and had to investigate. Found out it's manufactured outside of the US, but only available as an import. Apparently each part of the world that makes it has their own "spin" on just how Milo should be made. So for example, if you grew up drinking it in South Africa, you will find it different than the blend that is made in Columbia.

Ordered 3 cans through Amazon.com. Gooood tasting stuff! My theory on why it has never been made in the US is that Ovaltine is already here, and it is definitely similar to that drink. 

Shared some this afternoon with my Ex-girlfriend. She liked it also, I like the Green cans, myself. That's my favorite color, so if you want to hook me, better dress it up in Greeni

Come on, Nestle. Get this stuff sold in America, please? It will start a revolution. How about a promo tie-in helping Indie bands get started? Something like what Taco Bell has been doing for awhile now.

Take a look at the New Zeland ad for Milo I've posted a  vid for below. Aw, how can you Capitalists resist? "Build 'em up with Milo!"  I can just see it now: all the kids singing  the jingle.

I can just see  y'all pretending to be altruistic while selling another sugar  &  preservatives - laden beverage. /sarcasm  Enough clowning around. Try the drink, everyone. It's awesome!



video





No comments:

Post a Comment